Time to take exercise to the great outdoors – Peace Arch News | #elderly | #seniors | #execrise
A reminder that the Kent Street Activity Centre’s frozen-meal sales will be taking a break for a few more weeks, and will resume service on Monday, May 10 at 9 a.m. The frozen-meal delivery service being offered through the Seniors Come Share Society will still be taking place, so please contact 604-531-9400, ext.207, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order or for more information.
• All White Rock Recreation and Culture indoor group fitness, dance and yoga classes are currently paused due to the extended Public Health Order. With the current pause on all indoor group fitness classes, you can continue to stay active with eight home fitness workout videos taught by some of your favourite instructors. Check out these free 30-minute videos that include Zumba Gold, Yoga, Bodyworks and more at whiterockcity.ca/onlinerecreation
• Exercise safely outdoors and sign up for a local day hike. Connect with nature and spend three to four hours of your day exploring some beautiful, local walking areas around the Lower Mainland. Call 604-541-2199 to register, or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Sit back and enjoy a unique Zoom art lecture on the story of colour in history and art. Discover how artists such as Picasso and Van Gogh have used colour to change how we see and feel.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this workshop, taking place on Thursday, May 27, 1:30-3 p.m.
• Beginning next week, Zumba Gold with Mary Lou Rust moves online on Mondays, 9-10 a m. Sign up for this Zoom class and get your week off to a great start with an exciting fitness workout. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Spend Tuesdays from 6-7 p.m. in a Yoga Stretch class in the beautiful setting of the Butterfly Garden at Centennial Park. This yoga practice blends stretching and strengthening postures, breath work and guided meditation techniques combined in such a way to help reduce and manage stress. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 604-541-2199. For the latest COVID-19 City of White Rock updates visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19